People Counting Using Beacons
In situations like the COVID-19 pandemic where it is vital to manage the people density for a location such as a mall and factory, it can be difficult to do so accurately using methods like deploying staff to count using handheld tally counters. Not only is this labour intensive for large buildings but you do not get the correct numbers in real time.
Using proximity beacons which can detect people passing by, you can accurately count the number of visitors that are present at the location with Collie to show the exact data.
This applicable situations include:
- Crowd control for fire safety especially during sales
- Data analytics to check visitorship for planning promotions
- People density control during pandemics such as COVID-19
- Assisting in allocating resources, such as staff, equipment, and materials, based on real-time demand
- Helping human resource departments in monitoring employee attendance, work hours, and breaks